Deploy Nimrod Portal on QCloud
Initial plan is to have 4 servers:
- one for portal: 4 cores
- one for webservice: 16 cores
- one for nimrod file server: 4 cores + 1TB
- one for programs: 2 cores + 200Gbs
Plan changed. 1TB will be mounted to teh Nimrod Web Service. NFS Server will be set up here as well.
Problems mounting 1Tb into NimrodWebService in QRISCloud:
- ext3 is not in /dev/vdc
- sudo mke2fs -S /dev/vdc
- sudo mke2fs -j /dev/vdc
- The last two steps will create ext3 in the volume
- mount normally.
Now more the home directory to that newly mounted volume. I will have 1Tb of storage. http://embraceubuntu.com/2006/01/29/move-home-to-its-own-partition/
Mount /mnt to /nimrodtemp and /home to /nimrodfs. Temp files will be uploaded and put in /nimrodtemp, then will be moved to corresponding location. /nimrodfs is read only. This is for security.
Now config tomcat so that it stores config file in /mnt
* steps used to enable AAF: 1) using HTTPS
1) follow this one: http://scottseeker.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/liferay-61-tomcat-with-apache-front-end.html to serve liferay on port 80.
2) enable HTTPS.
The configuration is in dropbox
Now create custom login module.
Working with AAF now.
Now redirect logout page to its non https page. Done.
– the user can choose to go with AAF or traditional username and password
– if logout, the user will be redirected back to the normal page