Vaadin porlet – liferay portal
- There are some problems developing and deploying Vaadin 7 in liferay.Latest Liferay comes with out dated Vaadin (Liferay 6.1.1-ce-ga2 comes with Vaadin 6.8.x). Solution: install vaadin 7 into liferay. The problem with that is older version of vaadin cannot work in liferay, well, stick with the latest then.
The removed jars need to be replaced by the Vaadin 7 version:
- Extract the VAADIN folder from vaadin-server.jar into liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN. This extracts vaadinBootstrap.js which is needed by all Vaadin applications.
- Extract the VAADIN folder from vaadin-themes.jar into liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN. This extracts all Vaadin themes.
- Extract the VAADIN folder from vaadin-client-compiled.jar into liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/VAADIN. This extracts the default widget set.
- Copy vaadin-server.jar, vaadin-shared.jar, vaadin-shared-deps.jar, jsoup.jar into liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib. You can optionally remove the version numbers if you want to follow the Liferay standard.
- After the first problem is solved, it seems alright. But the layout for the porlet is broken. Solution: add the following lines to portal-ext.properties.
# Portal-wide widget set
# Theme to use
Basically it tells liferay to use the default portal widget set with reindeer theme.
- The third problem is to get user details for each account.